Introducing groov RIO: I/O for the IIoT™
Intelligent, multi-signal, multifunction, PoE-powered, remote Ethernet I/O for IIoT and automation applications
Now with one compact unit, you can:
- Power the unit and connected I/O with 802.3af PoE Class 0 switches, or a 10-32 VDC power supply
- Wire up to 8 channels of mixed I/O signals (configurable for temperature, current, voltage, or discrete inputs or outputs), plus 2 mechanical relays.
- Run optional distributed features independently on the processor, including counting, thermocouple linearization, digital totalizing, minimum/maximum values, ramping, and up to four PID control loops
- Integrate I/O data directly with databases, HMIs, SCADA systems, cloud services, and IoT platforms, using embedded Node-RED
- Connect to existing control systems or building automation systems with Modbus/TCP, OptoMMP, and REST APIs
- Build your own custom programs to run on groov RIO with optional secure shell access (SSH)
- Publish process data directly into publish-subscribe architectures with MQTT and Sparkplug or string payloads
- Log data to internal power-fail-safe memory or an attached USB mass storage device
- Protect with built-in security, including configurable firewalls, encryption, user accounts, LDAP centralized user management, and VPN client
- Install anywhere with wide -20 to 70 °C rating, UL Hazardous Locations approval, ATEX compliance
If you have a mixed I/O count application, especially requiring I/O data logging or data communications, count on groov RIO.